Want to join the blogosphere? Take some steps.
- Get It for Free: I recommend Blogger because it’s the most standard of all blogging sites. Many require you to pay, while others, such as Blogger give it to you for free, so don’t get ripped off.
- Start an Introduction Post: I’ll have to admit, I really messed up on this one. The first post I made here is about Billy Mays. Although it was appropriate, it just wasn’t a good way to start an article. Say hello or welcome on your first post.
- Start Racking Up Posts: Don’t waste time thinking of topics. Just start writing. Think about what you did today, or last week, or last year. What you would put in a journal is what you would put on a blog.
- Don’t Slack Off: I’ve made this mistake before. Journals and diaries were made for daily entries, so why not weblogs? If you haven’t written anything in a few days, do a QuickWrite, which in my definition is a composition that only requires one step: writing. You can type anything, the only rule is that you can’t stop writing until you have an amount that you want.
- Beware of Content Pitfalls: Don’t let internet fraud and scams get to you. Don’t post any personal information such as your phone number, email address, or even your name. Also, don’t write about anything that you wouldn’t want your parents, teachers, or future employers to see.
- Adsense: Serve your blog in more ways than just one. Adsense is a Google service that allows you to make money on your blog. Simply by registering, you can add advertisements and/or custom search engines that can rack up profits as long as there are people that click at it. Also, you may want to support other blogs in their venture to making profits with advertisements. Next time you visit a blog, click on any available advertisement. (Ahem.)
- Share: This step is unnecessary. In fact, I omit it completely. Share if you want by telling all your friends, advertising it on other social networking sites, or any other LEGAL means.